Origine Jawa (Indonesia)
Cinnamon is a powerful spice that has been used medicinally around the world for thousands of years. It is still used daily in many cultures because of its widespread health benefits, not to mention its distinctly sweet, warming taste and ease of use in recipes.
According to researchers, out of twenty-six of the most popular herbs and medicinal spices in the world, cinnamon actually ranks #1 in terms of its protective antioxidant levels!
Nutrition Benefits of Cinnamon
One tablespoon of ground cinnamon contains:
- 19 calories
- 0 grams of fat, sugar, or protein
- 4 grams of fiber
- 68 percent daily value manganese
- 8 percent daily value calcium
- 4 percent daily value iron
- 3 percent daily value vitamin K
A little bit of cinnamon goes a long way, and its antioxidant abilities are what makes it especially beneficial to include in your diet. As little as ½ teaspoon of cinnamon daily can have positive effects on blood sugar levels, digestion, immunity and more; however, stronger doses are also extremely beneficial for improving heart disease risk and cutting your risk of diabetes, cancer and neurodegenerative diseases.
13 Proven Health Benefits of Cinnamon
1. High Source of Antioxidants
2. Contains Anti-inflammatory Properties
3. Protects Heart Health
4. Helps Fight Diabetes
5. Helps Defend Against Cognitive Decline & Protects Brain Function
6. May Help Lower Cancer Risk
7. Fights Infections & Viruses
Cinnamon is so powerful at boosting immunity that some studies even show it may be able to reduce the risk of contracting the HIV virus.
8. Protects Dental Health & Freshens Breath Naturally
9. Can Help Prevent or Cure Candida
10. Benefits Skin Health
11. Helps Fight Allergies
12. Can be Used to Sweeten Recipes without Added Sugar
13. Can Be Used as a Natural Food Preservative
Want to know more: https://draxe.com/health-benefits-cinnamon/